Friday 3 February 2012

Week 4: ideas for my class/ using technology



After reading the article “Using Technology to Assist in Vocabulary Acquisition and Reading Comprehension (2007)” , the idea of using technology in class to develop vocabulary with the use of electronic dictionaries whether it is online or in cd. This is something that could be done as homework with my students when they are assigned to read something for next class.


I also found by chance a very interesting blog on Add-on for words, created by Chinese.

Next reading....

While reading “E-mailing to Improve EFL Learners' Reading and Writing Abilities: Taiwan Experience (1999)” , which talked about email exchange between students of different countries in the target language. I thought this could a good idea to do with the first draft of academic writing among classmates, giving peer feedback. Also it could even be done with another university abroad!! Hmmm… which university?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Melissa,
    Week 4 was so wonderful. We learned many constructive things for teaching and learning in and out of the class. I am very interested in e-mailing and I am thinking about creating my e-mailing community where I will also actively participate in order to help them to build their skills of writing, speaking,listening and vocabulary.

    Best regards...

    Rade

    ReplyDelete